tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hadole, Nishant IN BOM SISL" <Nishant.Had...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.28 EL not evaluated
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:54:05 GMT
Check this FAQ - http://faq.javaranch.com/java/ElOrJstlNotWorkingAsExpected

With best regards,
Nishant Hadole

Siemens IT Solutions and Services
SIS PRO SI-I
Tel.: +91 22 2495 7816
Fax: +91 22 6660 8521
Mailto: Nishant.Hadole@siemens.com
www.siemens.co.in
-----Original Message-----
From: sharmila punde [mailto:sharmilaspx@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, 22 January, 2010 04:13 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 5.5.28 EL not evaluated

Dear All,
    My OS is fedora, and i have installed tomcat 5.5.28. I have web app.  My jsp page has
EL as follow-
${perosn.name}.

I put jsp-api.jar, servlet-api.jar into /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_16/jre/lib/ext.
Servlet works fine, but above EL is considered as plain text. My web.xml of web app has following
lines -

    <jsp-config>
        <jsp-property-group>
            <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
            <el-ignored>false</el-ignored>
            <scripting-invalid>
                true
            </scripting-invalid>
        </jsp-property-group>
    </jsp-config>
Why EL is not getting evaluated after translation to .java file.
Can some one please help me sort out this problem
Regards