tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Cluster 6.x and HTTP/1.1 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:55:02 GMT
On 31/01/2010 17:50, Alexander Diedler wrote:
> Hello,
> We spend a lot of time to investigate the mistake, but I would not be found by us. We
have two Virtual Machines with Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition and on every node there is
a Apache 2.2.14 and Tomcat 6.0.20 (and tcnative installed) with mod_jk 1.2.28 (all 32 Bit)
installed.
> After a period (hours up to a day) we receive on every application a 503 error through
the Webserver.
> The Apache seems to work fine, jkmanager, htdocs, server-info and server-status can be
opened and the apps seems can be accessed by HTTP Connector Port 8080.

> Is there are any idea, what is the problem in this case? Any suggestions, what we can
improve to avoid this errors.

Hard to tell with out any configuration info. At a guess, more httpd
threads than AJP threads and unused connections not being closed quickly
enough. Try fixing your timeouts or use
JkOptions     +DisableReuse

Mark