tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aryeh M. Friedman" <aryeh.fried...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: public_html config not working
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:25:50 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Aryeh Friedman [mailto:aryeh.friedman@gmail.com]
>> Subject: public_html config not working
>>
>> I took following from cutting and pasting from O'Reilly's Defenative
>> Tomcat and put it inside each of my virtual hosts (as shown the
>> default Host) and then I get resource unavaible for any request to
>> ~user but the rest of the (virtual) host works:
>>
>> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
>> directoryName="public_html"
>> userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase">
>> </Listener>

> At the bare minimum, tell us the Tomcat version you're using, the JVM it's running on,
and the platform - we're not mind readers.  If you tried the above on Windows, it will certainly
fail.

> The real doc for that feature of the current Tomcat version is here:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html#User%20Web%20Applications

Tomcat 6.0.20, JDK 1.6 update 3 (with FreeBSD patch 4), FreeBSD
7.2-RELEASEpl1 (development machine) and 8.0-RELEASE (production
machine).... I also forgot to note I had it working fine on localhost
but it seems to not like virtual hosts