tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat on Ubuntu 8.04 VPS and presumably multiple socket problems
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:19:22 GMT
On 30.01.2010 17:41, fatzopilot wrote:
>> 2nd issue: mod_jk does not work. I think I replayed multiple instructions
>> set it up multiple times but in all cases it finally says "Could not find
>> worker for worker name=myWorker"
>
> Solved by using the procedure described here (till item 11):
>
> I now use (for worker.properties):
> workers.tomcat_home=/usr/share/tomcat5.5

This attribute doesn't do anything, the line can be deleted.

> workers.java_home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun

This attribute doesn't do anything, the line can be deleted.

> ps=/

This attribute doesn't do anything, the line can be deleted.

> worker.list=myWorker
> worker.myWorker.port=8009
> worker.myWorker.host=localhost
> worker.myWorker.type=ajp13
> worker.myWorker.lbfactor=1

OK, ver ybasic but should work.

> which before was
> workers.list=myWorker,ajp13
> workers.myWorker.type=ajp13
> workers.myWorker.host=localhost
> workers.myWorker.port=8009

The problem was the plural "workers", which was wrong. After fixing this
your original configuration should have worked, at least after dropping
the non-defined worker "ajp13" from worker.list.

Regards,

Rainer