tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Global JNDI resource loaded from a webapp
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:21:20 GMT
On 26/01/2010 10:02, Woonsan Ko wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to configure a global JNDI resource which is loaded from a webapp?

If it is defined in a webapp, it's not a global JNDI resource.
So, no.

> I want to keep all related libraries for the resource in a web application, not in shared
library path, but I want the resource to be shared by other web applications.
> The primary reason is because there are two many related jar files for the resource object
and those can conflict other web applications if they are deployed onto shared library path.
> Also, I could make use of reloading feature by deploying onto a web app.
>
> Here's an example scenario:
>    - In shared lib folder, minimized api jars files only are deployed. The api jars contains
shareable interfaces or factory classes.
>    - /repository webapp contains all related jar files, initializes a repository instance
and register it into global JNDI resource by some way.