tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Mueller <adrian.muel...@cyber-identity.com>
Subject MultiViews analogon for web-apps?
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:47:22 GMT
Hi,

For Apache httpd the "MultiViews" option can be set in the
configuration-file. This allows resources to be called without providing
the the file-extension in the URL, e.g. the URL
"http://localhost/images/myImage" returns the file "myImage.png" in the
"images" folder (same as calling "http://localhost/images/myImage.png").

It further serves clients depending on their behaviour:
When both the files "myImage.png" and "myImage.gif" are in the "images"
folder, upon calling the URL "http://localhost/images/myImage" httpd
serves the png-image to the Firefox-browser (as it states its preference
for png-images in the "Acept" header) while it serves the gif-image to
Internet Explorer.

So my question is:

How do I enable this content-negotiation functionality for a java
web-app when I use a stand-alone appserver such as Tomcat, i.e. without
apache httpd in front?

Do I have to write a filter for this or is there an easier way?

Thanks,

     Adrian