tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: mod_jk codepage in header values
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:23:11 GMT

On 1/25/2010 4:06 AM, Mirko Solic wrote:
> How i understand i don't have control when environment variables on
> apache side are putted in http header and sent to tomcat side. This is
> done by mode_jk automatically.
> I would hate to put encoded values already in environment variables on
> apache side so mod_jk would transfer them corectly on tomcat side but
> then other web pages that uses this variables wouldn't work no more.
> Right way would be (for my understanding) that mod_jk would encode
> environment varibales according to the rules of RFC 2047.

Again, mod_jks job is to deliver the variables (as HTTP headers, right?)
without any manipulation whatsoever. It is not mod_jk's job to re-encode
things that aren't acceptable to your webapp.

If you want to use RFC2047-encoded values, then go ahead and use them.
You'll just have to write some code into your webapp to decode them, as
Tomcat does not directly support RFC2047 (though it also doesn't
interfere with it).

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -