tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API” error on Windows 7
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:55:11 GMT
Richard Cooke wrote:
> When starting Tomcat 6 on a newly installed Windows 7 Enterprise machine
> with JRE 6 using C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\bin\tomcat6.exe the application does not open and my event viewer has
> the message:
>
> "Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API."
>
> The same installer of Tomcat worked on Windows Vista before I upgraded my
> operating system.
>
> Can anyone please suggest a way to fix this?
>
> The only site I can find mentioning this is
> http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=4418 which suggests using this
> config setting "Win32DisableAcceptEx" - but it's for Apache, not Tomcat, and
> I have no idea where in what config file it might need to go in Tomcat.
> Thanks.

In the (temporary I hope) absence of the gurus, I would venture a guess.
This sounds like a relatively low-level call, and thus unlikely to be in
the Java code of Tomcat per se.
If you are using the "native" connector code (tcnative.dll ?), try
removing (renaming) it and restarting Tomcat.
Otherwise, maybe it is the Java JVM itself which needs updating ?