tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chabaud <ext_chabaud.tho...@agora.msa.fr>
Subject RMI reaper thread prevents JVM from exiting
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:25:33 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with a webapp using RMI. When I try to shutdown Tomcat instance, the JVM
doesn't exit.
I have called jstack to see the thread dump :

http://pastebin.com/fa55647

There is a non-daemon thread : "RMI Reaper".

I've tried to add a servlet context listener to force RMI Object unexport on shutdown, but
it has no effect :

http://pastebin.com/f324201e2

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.18 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3.
The JVM is a 64 bit JVM, version 1.6.0_07-b06 on a Intel Xeon E5420 CPU.

What can I do to force this RMI reaper thread to stop ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thomas

Ce message est protégé par les règles relatives au secret des correspondances. Il est donc
établi à destination exclusive de son destinataire. Celui-ci peut donc contenir des informations
confidentielles. La divulgation de ces informations est à ce titre rigoureusement interdite.
Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le renvoyer à l'expéditeur dont l'adresse
e-mail figure ci-dessus et de détruire le message ainsi que toute pièce jointe.

This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules. Therefore, this message
is intended solely for the attention of the addressee. This message may contain privileged
or confidential information, as such the disclosure of these informations is strictly forbidden.
If, by mistake, you have received this message, please return this message to the addressser
whose e-mail address is written above and destroy this message and all files attached.