tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Securing Tomcat Applications from Reverse Engineering
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:30:32 GMT
Peter Crowther wrote:
> 2010/1/21 Kranti™ K K Parisa <kranti.parisa@gmail.com>
>

>> How could we achieve this without the above tool? Because the pricing of
>> the
>> above tool is very costly.
>>
>> Well, you could always spend the developer-years to create your own version
> of that tool... which would probably be *more* costly.

I'll add something to that, just for the sake of it.
I personally find this situation ironic : here we have someone who wants
to protect their own code, presumably so that they can charge the
customer for a copy of it, in order to get back their cost of
development and some justified profit for their work.
But the same people are apparently unwilling to pay for a product that
would allow them to do so, and is sold on the same terms.