tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Securing Tomcat Applications from Reverse Engineering
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:21:45 GMT
Kranti™ K K Parisa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone throw some light on this topic, seems it is possible to convert
> the tomcat+tomcat web applications to native code to secure them and further
> to run them on client machines easily.
>
> Please check this.
>
> http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jetinternals.html
>
> How could we achieve this without the above tool? Because the pricing of the
> above tool is very costly.

Hi.
Open Source software is very nice. But some developers have to make
money to live, also.
Presumably, if the above product is expensive, it is because it is
complex and took a lot of time to develop.
Nobody is stopping you from inventing and developing your own method,
and you can then also decide to release it as open source or charge for
it what you think is the right price.