tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Log files?
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:26:19 GMT
Pid wrote:
> On 17/01/2010 00:55, Rick Bragg wrote:
>> On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 17:34 -0600, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>
>> Everything worked great yesterday.  I made a change to the memory in the
>> startup file, "/etc/init.d/tomcat6" to increase the mem, and no log file
>> after that.  I since changed it back and still no log file.
>
> Wait, have you mentioned that before?

+1
No, he didn't, did he ?

What exactly did you change?

> Post the contents of the startup file & I'll bet we spot a missing \
> character or some such.

+2

About the logfiles : under Debian and Ubuntu at least, the
/etc/init.d/tomcatxx startup script does some fancy footwork, first to
start Tomcat under jsvc, and second to redirect STDOUT and STDERR to
some other places.
Now that we know you edited it, I'll bet along with Pid, that your
modification of that startup script is the root of all evil.