tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Running Tomcat 6 as a service
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:43:48 GMT
On 12/01/2010 04:10, Russell Collins wrote:
> I am using JRockit as my java runtime.  When I manually start Tomcat, I have no problems
with it.  However, when I try to run Tomcat as a service with JRockit as my java runtime,
I get an error that says that it cannot start the service.  I looked in the service.bat file
and I think that I may have found where this error is happening.  The following lines are
in the batch file

> rem Set the server jvm from JAVA_HOME
> set PR_JVM=%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
> if exist "%PR_JVM%" goto foundJvm
> rem Set the client jvm from JAVA_HOME
> set PR_JVM=%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
> if exist "%PR_JVM%" goto foundJvm
>
> JRockit does not have these entries in their java runtime directories.  These are specific
to Sun's implementation.  The interesting thing is that I also run an Apache Geronimo serice
using JRockit as the java runtime and it runs great.  Can these lines be omitted?  Are they
crucial for Apache Tomcat to run as a service without issue?

> "Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

Maybe you could "try" it?

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail (email) transmission
(including attachments), is intended by MCLANE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES for the use of the named
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or protected as a trade secret. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any individual or entity other than the named addressee(s). If you have received
this email in error, please delete it (including attachments) and any copies thereof without
printing, copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by email reply immediately.