tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When running under high load (via load generating tools), Tomcat 6.0.20 stops expiring sessions until the load subsides; causing thrashing on Garbage Collection
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:06:59 GMT
On 08/01/2010 21:53, Robin Wilson wrote:
> Is there a setting we're missing that tells Tomcat to make session expiration a higher
priority?

Session expirations are processed every Engine.backgroundProcessorDelay
* Manager.processExpiresFrequency seconds which by default is 10 * 6 =
60 seconds

I'd suggest reducing processExpiresFrequency first. If that is set to 1
and you still have issues then look at reducing backgroundProcessorDelay.

Mark