tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Uniqueness of a sessionId
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 13:38:32 GMT
The way things work now by default ... The session cookie is set at the
path level and is different per context. So you may have multiple
sessino id cookies set for a given server (but given the path constraint
on the cookie - you only get one of those cookies (typically))

But (IIRC) you can also configure tomcat to use one session id for all
contexts. (Comes in handy for portlets)

-Tim