tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Nebergall <cneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Modifying value or format of HTTPServletRequest.getRemoteUser()
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:33:00 GMT
I have a Jaas plugin where I'm using basic auth.   It authenticates the user
successfully, and in the jaas plugin I make it so
request.getUserPrincipal().getName() it returns the format of the username I
want shown to the app.  But HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser always returns
the value of the username in the HTTP AUTHORIZATION header.  How do I modify
what getRemoteUser returns to always match the
request.getUserPrincipal().getName()?

Thanks,
Christopher