tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Guglielmino <>
Subject Re: Ajp port in use - tomcat using next available port
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:56:07 GMT
> On 1/20/2010 4:08 PM, Paul Guglielmino wrote:
>> I'm setting up the server to only listen on an ajp port (8009). If I already
>> have something listening on that port then tomcat starts listening on the next
>> port number (8010). This doesn't happen if the shutdown port is already in use
>> or if I try it with a http connector port that is in use.
>> I don't seem any mention of this behavior in the docs. I do see an autobind
>> option for clustering which will turn on behavior like this but I'm not using
>> clustering.
> I don't see any mention of the auto-port-choosing for <Connector>s,
> either. Are you doing this manually?

I've tried both setting the port number in the server.xml file and tried setting it via the
cmd line. I have the port in the connector config set as "${ajp-port}" and set it on the cmd
line with -Dajp-port=8009 as an arg to the java process.

If I have something else listening on 8009 then it just grabs port 8010. I don't have 8010
set anywhere else in the config. I found this by accident because I had hudson running on
the same server also using port 8009 for its ajp connection.

Is that what you were asking?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message