tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Klaasse <jesse.klaa...@indicia.nl>
Subject Re: Tomcat 100% CPU usage after moving from Java 5 to 6
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:48:14 GMT

I also added the -XX:+UseCompressedOops JVM option (as suggested in the
Confluence article I mentioned earlier). BTW, for those who want to know:
this option is available since update 14 of JDK 6 (see also
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u14.html), you don't need the
"Performance branch" as mentioned in the article. This option is said to
give a performance gain of 25% as well as a reduction of used heap space
(see also
http://blog.juma.me.uk/2008/10/14/32-bit-or-64-bit-jvm-how-about-a-hybrid/).

Furthermore, I discovered the -XX:+UseTLAB option is a default option in JDK
6:
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/hotspot/vmoptions.jsp

I thought, I'd just let you all know!