tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Klaasse <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 100% CPU usage after moving from Java 5 to 6
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:48:14 GMT

I also added the -XX:+UseCompressedOops JVM option (as suggested in the
Confluence article I mentioned earlier). BTW, for those who want to know:
this option is available since update 14 of JDK 6 (see also, you don't need the
"Performance branch" as mentioned in the article. This option is said to
give a performance gain of 25% as well as a reduction of used heap space
(see also

Furthermore, I discovered the -XX:+UseTLAB option is a default option in JDK

I thought, I'd just let you all know!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message