tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Klaasse <jesse.klaa...@indicia.nl>
Subject Re: Tomcat 100% CPU usage after moving from Java 5 to 6
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:25:24 GMT

Hi Leon,

I don't know what you mean exactly by "re-intrant", but your comment points
out I have created an endless while-loop! Apart from moving to Java 6, I had
commented out some lines to reduce logging, not noticing I had created an
endless loop by doing so. I only did this in a jar compiled for Java 6, so
everytime I tried rolling back to Java 5, I also used the old jar (which
didn't have the lines commented out), and the old jar didn't have the
infinite loop. Stupid!

I was completely sure the change from Java 5 to Java 6 was a far bigger one
than the commented-out-lines, but this turns out to be not true at all in
this case!

Best regards, and thanks again!
Jesse.