tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Hansen <joe.hansen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with security-constraint in web.xml
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 23:45:35 GMT
Chuck,

I just forgot to enable the HTTPS Connector! Login form is working now
over https.

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443" />
<Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
        clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
<Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="443" />

Many thanks for your help. You saved my day.

Thanks,
Joe

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Joe Hansen [mailto:joe.hansen.at@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Help with security-constraint in web.xml
>>
>> However, when I enter the login credentials and submit the
>> form, nothing happens. Somehow changing the redirectPort
>> seems to have broken the login form.
>
> Turn on the AccessLogValve to see what's reaching Tomcat.
>
> Are you using httpd for anything useful?  If all it's doing is forwarding requests to
Tomcat, get rid of httpd and let Tomcat handle everything directly.

> If you are using httpd for something else (e.g., PHP), it's possible the routing is not
configured properly.  That's outside my experience, so someone else will need to help.  Start
by posting your httpd config  and server.xml in a new thread so a new set of eyes can look
at it.