tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Crefeld ...@cataneo.eu>
Subject Re: mod_jk errors with tomcat 6.0.20 and Apache 2.0.52
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:18:55 GMT
Am Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:25:11 +0000
schrieb Matt Turner <m4tt_turner@hotmail.com>:

> The SSL pass-through requirement explains why I was attempting to
> pass through to :8443 directly - but it sounds like that's the wrong
> approach.

If it isn't possible to move the SSL-certificate and -keys to the
Apache2 (and change the Tomcat to service ajp- or plain-http-requests)
the only possibility to do a pass-through will be a NAT-machine /
firewall with port-forwarding (e.g. port 443 -> 8443).

There is another approach to passthrough https (=443) to 8443 by using
xinetd:
 http://tp.its.yale.edu/pipermail/cas/2008-April/008083.html

> Should I just use something like..
>
>   ProxyPass /cas https://10.13.0.218:8443/cas ?

I doubt that this will work. A https-client (alias webbrowser) is
transmitting SSL-traffic and ProxyPass is configuring a http-proxy
which expects http - no matter what kind of traffic it use to connect
to the "real" webserver.

RU,
 Tobias.