tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Beichert <pbeich...@web.de>
Subject limit number of connections tomcat accepts
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 08:03:57 GMT
Hi,

I like to limit the number of connections tomcat (6.0.20) accepts. However,
this is not possible.

For testing purpose I use the following connector statement:

<Connector port="8080" acceptCount="5" maxThreads="3" minSpareThread="1"
maxSpareThreads="2" />

Here only 3 threads should process the requests and 5 more requests should be
queued.

If I start 100 parallel requests to a servlet which does nothing else than
waiting 5 seconds, I would expect that only 8 requests would be accepted, the
rest should receive a connection refused.
However all 100 Requests a accepted and it takes a long time until they finish.

I use Debian Linux and have the same behavior with suns jdk1.6.0_17 and the
ibm-jdk.

I appreciate any help how to solve this problem.

Regards
Peter