tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mirko Solic <mirko.so...@arnes.si>
Subject Re: mod_jk codepage in header values
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:02:53 GMT

> > OK. He was my mistake i thought that mod_jk automatically takes
> > environment  variables and puts them in header. But, yes, as you said
> > this is done by AAI. So right encoding should be done by AAI side. Thank
> > you for clearing that up.
>
> Let us know what AAI says about this.

OK.

> > Just for info. I try to put in JkEnvVar directive, value with utf8
> > character encoding and the result was the same. On the tomcat side i got
> > (through  request.getAttribute(attributeName)) value in ISO-8859-1
> > character encoding.
>
> How did you construct your UTF-8-encoded environment variable? Can you
> give us an example for how to reproduce this?

I try this with two different approaches.

1.
AAI (this is done by apache Shibboleth module mod_shibx.so) puts AAI
atributes  in header and in environment variables (version 1.3 just in
header, version 2 in environment variables but with directive
ShibUseHeaders On also in header)
So in mod_jk conf file i define with JkEnvVar directive which
environment variable should be pass over to tomcat. I choose one of AAI
atributes that has utf8 character in it.

2.
Secondly i try to define JkEnvVar directive for non existent environment
variable and i added also default value with some no ISO-8859-1
characters. My conf file is in utf8 encoding so default value should
also be in utf8 encoding.

I believe you could reproduce sencod approach.

mirko