tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: Basic and Form Authentication
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:45:01 GMT
2009/12/1 Anthony Jay <anthonyjay@fastmail.fm>:
> As for cross application communication I will have to revisit our own
> code to see if there are static/singleton services that can be
> re-engineered and decoupled.

This may be one of the few appropriate times where you may want to put
code for the singletons (and all the classes that might be referenced
by your singletons) in common/lib.  It's not an ideal solution, but it
may save you considerable effort as those classes will then be loaded
by a single classloader, rather than the per-webapp classloaders.

- Peter