tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Egeste <ege...@egeste.net>
Subject tomcat, uPortal, error messages and confusion
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:14:19 GMT
I've recently been trying to implement uPortal on my debian linux
server running the following binaries:

tomcat5.5
maven2
ant 1.7.1

Again, attempting to deploy uPortal version 3.0.4

in communication with the uPortal mailing list, I was advised to seek
advice from this group regarding the following thread:

==BEGIN uPortal THREAD==

If you stop tomcat (kill if needed), clear out all your logs, rm -rf
work/Catalina/localhost, and start tomcat, what do you see in your
logs? also, there is a chance that you don't have tomcat configured to
autodeploy, which could be the reason for no response (it isn't
deploying uPortal etc. and/or compiling the jsps etc. and putting them
in the work/... dir).

If you are new to tomcat, you might also want to check out the tomcat-
users list and ask there to get up to speed with Tomcat first:
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html

Unfortunately even though uPortal uses Tomcat, admining Tomcat is not
the point of this list. :( Wish I could be of better help.

Thanks,
Gary

--- You are currently subscribed to uportal-user@lists.ja-sig.org as: egeste@egeste.net