tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abdul Raheem Seyed (NDC IS&T)" <ase...@ndc.ae>
Subject RE: Publishing Java webservice - tomcat 5.5 shared hosting
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 03:25:28 GMT
Dear All,
 Thanks for your valuable suggestions. We managed to achieve this by developing the web service
using lomboz and just copied the entire application folder from the local tomcat server into
our web hosting environment ( /webapps/mywebsite/mywebservice ). It worked fine.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Abdul Raheem S

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerwood Stewart [mailto:gstewar8@une.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 11:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Publishing Java webservice - tomcat 5.5 shared hosting

Abdul

Have you developed the Web-service?

There are a few frameworks that allow you to develop ws (Axis, CXF) but I can't tell if these
are going to far. Axis (from memory) you can add more or less as a sub directory in your context,
from there you should be able to create individual web-services as you see fit. It will require
knowledge from java though.

I'm not sure what the result of trying to do it in JSP directly would be, but from previous
experiences I would recommend you don't unless you can't avoid it.

You will also need to check what the Axis requirements are, you will probably need to modify
the web.xml to be aware of it.

Gerwood Stewart
Senior Programmer/System Administrator
Information Technology Directory