tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [Solved+Question]SessionListener not being invoked
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 04:02:21 GMT
> From: Ken Bowen [mailto:kbowen@als.com]
> Subject: Re: [Solved+Question]SessionListener not being invoked
>
> One question:  What does it mean to say "the path attribute is not
> allowed"? (My context.xml is in META-INF).  Should I be seeing a
> complaint when Tomcat starts the app?

Unfortunately, Tomcat won't complain about it (although I think it should).  The path attribute
is only valid when the <Context> element is nested inside of a <Host> element
in conf/server.xml - which is very strongly discouraged.  Using a path attribute in any other
circumstance is not permitted, but not diagnosed.  At best, it will confuse anyone looking
at your configuration, possibly thinking that something meaningful is being done with it.

 - Chuck