tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [Solved+Question]SessionListener not being invoked
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 03:42:48 GMT
> From: Ken Bowen [mailto:kbowen@als.com]
> Subject: Re: [Solved+Question]SessionListener not being invoked
>
> <Context path="" debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

Note that the path attribute is not allowed (if your <Context> element is in a standard
location), and the debug attribute hasn't been used in some years.  Use conf/logging.properties
to set the desired logging level.

> Is the simplest principled, patient, and gentle way of
> suppressing session persistence for my particular app
> to add the following Manager config element to my
> webapp's context.xml?
> 	<Manager pathname="" />

Yes, that is the documented and recommended way:
"Restart persistence may be disabled by setting this attribute to an empty string."

The above quote is taken from:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/manager.html

> And if I wanted all apps to suppress persistence, then I would just
> uncomment that in ~conf/context.xml.

Also true.

 - Chuck