tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 as a windows service fails to start with -server option
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:42:34 GMT
> From: olivier giorgi [mailto:olivier_giorgi@yahoo.fr]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 as a windows service fails to start with -server
> option
>
> Looks like tomcat is able to start when launched from startup.bat, but,
> if we intend to configure tomcat as a service, the -server flag causes
> the process to abort

As it should, since the -server flag is an option only for the standard java launcher (java.exe).
 You need to set the appropriate path to the desired JVM DLL in the Java tab of the tomcat6w.exe
program, and clear the "Use default" box.  For example, my path is:
  C:\jdk1.6.0\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

 - Chuck