tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rajat Gupta05 <Rajat_Gupt...@infosys.com>
Subject How to set MaxThreads, MinSpareThreads on AJPconnector using Tomcat 5.5 API's
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:21:46 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to create a AJP connector on Tomcat5.5 which is running in Embedded mode by using
following API's

  Embedded em = new Embedded();
// create new engine
StandardEngine engine = (StandardEngine) em.createEngine();
engine.setName("Catalina");
engine.setDefaultHost("localhost");

String ajp13_address = "127.0.0.1";
String ajp13_protocol = "ajp13";
org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector ajp13Connector = null;
ajp13Connector = em.createConnector(ajp13_address, ajp13_port, ajp13_protocol);

With Tomcat5.0 there were methods available in CoyotoConnector through which we could set
the MinProcessors and MaxProcessers which are similar to MinSpareThreads and MaxThreads in
tomcat5.5.

In tomcat5.5 how do I set these values, Can you I use ChannelSocket/ChannelNioSocket for the
same? What is difference between these two?

Please let me know if there is other alternative as well available.

Thanks
Rajat