tomcat-users mailing list archives

From olivier giorgi <olivier_gio...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Tomcat 6 as a windows service fails to start with -server option
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:37:00 GMT

Hello to all,

Struggling to enable UTF-8 encoding  on apache tomcat 6 Windows service.

The option we used to activate (within startup.bat) was
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server

Looks like tomcat is able to start when launched from startup.bat, but, if we intend to configure
tomcat as a service, the -server flag causes the process to abort
> [395 javajni.c] [error] CreateJavaVM Failed
> [1000 prunsrv.c] [error] Failed initializing java ...\intel_a\code\tomcat\current\bin\bootstrap.jar
> [1269 prunsrv.c] [error] ServiceStart returned 2
> [info] Run service finished.
> [info] Procrun finished.

Despite several threads around this Procrun/prunsrv.c story, it's hard to figure out what
are the limitations/fixes to these kind of pbs.

Any gourou who would have a clue? Thxs in advance.