tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hadole, Nishant IN BOM SISL" <Nishant.Had...@siemens.com>
Subject Tomcat Crashes out of continuous servicing of stuck request
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:29:04 GMT
I am using Apache HTTP Server 2.0.61, Apache Tomcat Server 6.0.14.0 and mod_jk 2.0.46 (AJP
V 1.3).

Scenario - Client call for heavy Post request from JSP. Tomcat receives the request and starts
processing. Before receiving the response, client closes JSP window. Thus there is no one
to receive the output.

Issue - Tomcat continues processing request indefinitely, causing loss of free heap memory
and eventually crashes. When checked in Tomcat Monitor, under header jk-8009, the stage for
stuck request is SERVICE and time goes on increasing.

I have checked several Time-outs setting for tomcat and AJP connectors, but still of no use.

Kindly help. Also let me know if any specific parameterization is to ne mentioned here for
this.

Note: We cannot avoid client closing window while request processing is in progress.

With best regards,
Nishant Hadole
Tel.: +91 22 2495 7816
Fax: +91 22 6660 8521