tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Understanding the error cause
Date Sat, 26 Dec 2009 10:02:14 GMT
I am moving an application I have had running under tomcat5.5 to tomcat6
on another computer.

I placed my war file in the webapps directory and tomcat duly
automatically deployed it.  But as soon as I try to access it, it throws
an exception - the root cause of which appears to be this line

(java.io.FilePermission
/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/akcmoney/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/hivemodule.xml
read)

This file is inside the deployed web app, and exists and has file
permissions 644 with ownership and group of tomcat6.

I do not understand what is wrong.  Can someone give me some advice as
to how to understand the problem.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk