tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject submitting more patches
Date Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:02:48 GMT
Hi.
Bill, Mark,

I have more patches to submit for "LocalStrings_fr.properties" files, in
the various sub-directories of Tomcat6.

I also have a couple of new ones, for sub-dirs where no French version
existed.

Do I keep submitting this on Bugzilla, one by one ?
Or is there some better way ?

I would like by the way to express my respectful regards to the original
author of the French translations.  Believe me, it is not easy to come
up with French terms for "JMX Remote Listener" and the like.

One particularly troublesome aspect : is "servlet" a "he", or a "she" ?
The author of the French translations chose to make it a "she", which is
kind of cute and changes the way I am now thinking about these modules.
But then comes the question of whether we should also change the name to
"servlette", because "la servlet" sounds kind of funny.  Maybe there
should be a vote about this among the French-speaking committers ?