tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Using RemoteAddressValve with an Apache mod_proxy_balancer
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:45:50 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> If you have a svn checkout, then the command:
>   svn diff LocalStrings_fr.properties > LocalStrings_fr.properties.patch
> will do it.  Alternatively, Cygwin has a Unix/Linux like diff utility.
>
> Also, for a translation, it's probably not too bad if you just attach the
> fixed file.  The developer who grabs this can then run the "svn diff"
> command to review it.  But if it is either Mark or myself, then we probably
> won't really be questioning the translation ;).

I tried to submit a patch file.
I actually have an SVN client on my pc and it has a "generate patch"
option. Neat.

Bugzilla : Bug 48413 has been added to the database

To get back to the main issue, as long as I anway get the hang of this
stuff, and have checked out the SVN of Tomcat anyway,
where in the /valves stuff do I find where it actually checks the
"remote IP" against which RemoteAddressValve operates ?

And, supposing I were to tweak one or the other module, how do I create
a local version of Tomcat to test my changes on ?
This is exciting stuff... ;-)

If this is too vast as a question, just let me know and point me where
to get started maybe ?