tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Using RemoteAddressValve with an Apache mod_proxy_balancer
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:21:15 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 18/12/2009 15:20, André Warnier wrote:
>> By the way, in the file LocalStrings_fr.properties that is in that same
>> directory, there are quite a few typos.  That's more my level, me being
>> a native French speaker and all.
>> How do I submit a corrected version, with a minimum of fuss ?
>
> Get the latest version from here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/valves/LocalStrings_fr.properties
>
> Fix it, create a bugzilla issue and attach the changes (ideally in diff
> -u format) to the bugzilla issue.

Ok, I got the file above.
But, it seems that the "accented" characters are in some kind of
Unicode-encoding scheme which looks like :

accessLogValve.alreadyStarted=Le traceur d''acc\u00e8s a d\u00e9j\u00e0
\u00e9t\u00e9 d\u00e9marr\u00e9

I understand well that these codes represent the corresponding Unicode
codepoint, but I don't seem to have at the moment a text editor which
can show this in a very usable way (although I have quite a few here).
If this format an artefact of how I downloaded it, or do I need some
special editor or setting, or do I just convert these codes to their
UTF-8 equivalents and submit it as such ?