tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Using RemoteAddressValve with an Apache mod_proxy_balancer
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:20:12 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: Using RemoteAddressValve with an Apache mod_proxy_balancer
>>
>> If anyone points me to where the code of the RemoteAddrValve can be
>> found, I'd like to have a look.
>
> Download the source package, and look in:
>
> apache-tomcat-6.0.20-src/java/org/apache/catalina/valves

Done that, been there.
Looked at ValveBase.java, RequestFilterValve.java and RemoteAddrValve.java.
It seems that java is not my thing after all.
I couldn't find a line in there that even remotely looks like it is
getting a remote IP address or a hostname from anywhere.
I get that same impression each time I look at java code.
And this, I guess, is good java code.  I wonder what bad java code looks
like.
Probably you guys are using tools which recursively open all these
things for you, but I'm not and my personal mental recursive capability
stops at about level 5 or so.

In the meantime, methinks I'll stick to perl and to simple configuration
questions then.

By the way, in the file LocalStrings_fr.properties that is in that same
directory, there are quite a few typos.  That's more my level, me being
a native French speaker and all.
How do I submit a corrected version, with a minimum of fuss ?