tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: Re: AW: RE: RE: Ignore http header if-modified-since
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:36:23 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Abid,
>
> On 12/17/2009 12:08 PM, Abid Hussain wrote:
>> I used the startup parameters
>> -Duser.language=en
>> -Duser.region=US
>> This caused Tomcat to deliver the Last-Modified in the correct format.
>>
>> That solved the problem, no 404 anymore, thanks.
>>
>> So it seems to be a bug in tomcat...?
>
> I would say so.
>
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.3.1
>
> Tomcat's behavior seems to ignore the specification, here. Would you
> care to share your Tomcat version with us?

Chris,
I think that once this is confirmed, it may be worth raising its
visibility a bit for the Tomcat developers.
It may not always result in a downright 404 error, but it could
potentially have a definite impact on the bandwidth of a lot of Tomcat
servers out there.
We have not seen this before, but that is because - for a number of
other reasons - we always set our Tomcats to run under a "en" locale.