tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Logo file location
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:48:43 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: Logo file location
>>
>> Upon further examination of the spec page above, I would guess that a
>> better way (more flexible) would be to specify the relative URI of your
>> file as an <init-param> value, and then do a getRealPath() to convert
>> that into a real path
>
> No, no, no - there is *never* any guarantee that getRealPath() will return anything.
 (Personally, I think it should be deprecated; it's bloody dangerous.)  Use getResourceAsStream(),
as previously suggested.  Using <init-param> is certainly a good idea if you don't want
to hard-code the path in the servlet code.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread any further, so I'll leave it at
that, and start a new one on this (resource file location).