tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Logo file location
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:38:30 GMT
David kerber wrote:
> Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>> From: David kerber []
>>> Subject: Logo file location
>>> In TC 5.5.x or 6.0.x, Where in my webapp folder structure should I put
>>> a small .bmp file that I use for putting a logo on generated reports?
>> Use ServletContext.getResourceAsStream() to retrieve the file, which
>> can be located pretty much wherever you want inside the webapp, even
>> under WEB-INF.
> Will it find it pretty much wherever I put it,

I don't think that this was what Chuck really meant above

  or will I need to specify
> the location?

Yeah, it is not so smart. You have to give it a clue.

It seems that you need to specify the path.
But I guess you could set this path as an <init-param> in the web.xml of
your webapp.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message