tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: New to Tomcat -- SSL
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:05:50 GMT
Adria Stembridge wrote:
> Well, I appear to have something wrong.   Pages are not served over 80 or
> 443 after updating server.xml and iptables.
>
> [linux]# netstat -an | grep LISTEN
try netstat -pan, which will also give you the PID of the process owning
the listening socket.

> tcp        0      0 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:8005       :::*
> LISTEN

> [linux]#
>
> Not listening on 80 or 443.

Nor on 8009 either, which it should according to your <Connector> tags
shown.
But it does seem to be listening on 8005, which is the Tomcat shutdown
port usually (the one mentioned in the <Server ..> tag).

For netstat, the firewall/iptables configuration should be irrelevant,
no ? It only (possibly) blocks external attempts to connect to these ports.

> I may be missing something obvious - but what?

Are you sure there are not just <!-- comment --> signs around your
<Connector> tags ?

Don't the Tomcat logs say anything helpful ?