tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Strange characters seen in RR and Cd columns on jkserver-status page after upgrading modjk to .28
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:42:59 GMT
Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have upgraded our modjk from .26 to .28
> using mod_jk-1.2.28-httpd-2.2.X.so obtained from
> http://../tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/jk-1.2.28/x86_64/
>
> We are running
> Server version: Apache/2.2.3
> Server built:   Nov 12 2008 10:40:14
>
> CentOS release 5.2 (Final)
>
> After upgrading we are seeing random characters in the RR an Cd columns on the jkserver-status
page.
> eg
> o%2B
> o+
> ����

That kind of thing triggers an immediate suspicion regarding a
mismatched character set/encoding somewhere.
I am not familiar at all with JSP pages, but could it be that during the
update, you also customized some JSP pages, with an editor ?
Are they really random characters (e.g. noise), or would-be real
characters being replaced by the cabalistic signs above ?