tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: deployed same TOMCAT 6.0.20 on Windows / Linux
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:35:25 GMT
Karthik Nanjangude wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have deployed  same  TOMCAT  6.0.20    on Windows /  Linux
>
> 1)       In case of Windows the "Catalina. out" is not generated  in  "/log"  folder
 while  on Linux the same is generated on every start
> 2)       Tomcat on windows is Slow compared to Linux  in request /response
>

> Why is this ?
>

> Os/  :  Windows 2000 / Linux
> JDK   1.5
> TOMCAT 6.0.20

Karthik,

You must understand that your second question (if it is a question) is
impossible to answer : you do not define "slow"; we know nothing about
the systems; we know nothing about the measurement system you use; etc..
(i could go on for a long time). But in addition, even if we knew all
that, nobody here has the time to do your homework for you.

About your first question : you did not tell us which Linux you use, or
where this Tomcat 6.0.20 comes from. You don't tell us which java 1.5
you use.
You could look into the Tomcat startup scripts, and see where it
mentions that file "Catalina.out".
As for Windows, the same information is probably to find in the Windows
Event logs (assuming you are running Tomcat as a Service, which you do
not tell us either).

Also, both Windows 2000 and Java 1.5 are in the "no longer supported"
category. So your chances of getting useful answers are limited.

For complementary information, read :