tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Can service output be redirected to the terminal window?
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 12:08:06 GMT
Vadim Letitchevski wrote:
>  I am working under Linux actually.

Ok, then what kind of Linux ?
Also, tell us the version of Tomcat you are talking about, and whether
you installed it from the pre-packaged version offered by your Linux
version, or directly from the Tomcat website.
It matters, so that we know which startup scripts may be involved.

If you installed it from a package from your Linux distribution, then
look into the startup script in /etc/init.d/tomcat...
Usually, that is where redirections of STDOUT happen.

> Thanks
> Vadim.

but don't seem to be able to list those services.
>> 2. I have noticed that startup.bat  (under Windows) starts the separate terminal
for the service output in oppose to startup.sh (in Unix).
>> Is there way to direct my service output into the separate terminal window? I was
using the apache axis2 server until now, but have to switch to Tomcat because I do not know
how to make apache server to use SSL (how to configure it?) My service uses println output,
it is a test utility and I want to keep it simple even if it is not most beautiful or optimal
solution.

> Vadim, I cannot really answer your question; but it is not very clear here if your question
relates to Tomcat under Windows, or under Unix.
> Maybe this is due to the fact that the word "service" under Windows can be confusing.
> Under Windows, startup.bat is used to run Tomcat in a console window, not as a "Windows
Service". Running Tomcat as a "Windows Service"