tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat Crashes out of continuous servicing of stuck request
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:43:55 GMT
On 04.12.2009 10:29, Hadole, Nishant IN BOM SISL wrote:
> I am using Apache HTTP Server 2.0.61, Apache Tomcat Server 6.0.14.0 and mod_jk 2.0.46
(AJP V 1.3).

mod_jk 2.0.46 does not exist.

> Scenario - Client call for heavy Post request from JSP. Tomcat receives the request and
starts processing. Before receiving the response, client closes JSP window. Thus there is
no one to receive the output.

> Issue - Tomcat continues processing request indefinitely, causing loss of free heap memory
and eventually crashes. When checked in Tomcat Monitor, under header jk-8009, the stage for
stuck request is SERVICE and time goes on increasing.

> I have checked several Time-outs setting for tomcat and AJP connectors, but still of
no use.

Without trying to send something back to the client, there is no way
telling the client closed the window (or pressed reload or switched to
another URL). So in order to be able to stop processing long running
stuff, you need to try sending something to the client every now and
then, and your code working on producing the real response content needs
to be stopped by some notification. You will need to implement this
yourself.

Maybe someone can provide some example code?

> Kindly help. Also let me know if any specific parameterization is to ne mentioned here
for this.

> Note: We cannot avoid client closing window while request processing is in progress.
>
> With best regards,
> Nishant Hadole
> Tel.: +91 22 2495 7816
> Fax: +91 22 6660 8521