tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quotes appended cookie generated in Tomcat 6.0
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:11:00 GMT
Rajat Gupta05 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently upgraded to Tomcat 6.0.16 and I am observing a strange thing that quotes
get appended to the cookie value.
> Is there some configuration in Tomcat with which we can remove these quotes?

Probably not. Due to some security issues with cookie handling the
parsing and generation of cookies has been made more spec compliant. I
suspect you are using a v0 cookie with invalid characters hence Tomcat
is automatically converting it to a v1 cookie and quoting it.

I could give a more precise answer if you provided the cookie headers
concerned.

Mark