tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to get java process id of a user running tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 22:33:18 GMT
Felix Schumacher wrote:
> Well, Chuck said the most important bit about finding the root of the
> problem. I really waited for André to rant about the perl
> parts...especially using tons of grep before an awk in a system call
> from perl. Cool :)

Well, in my defense, I just turned off mentally about that thread after
the first couple of phrases of the original OP post, thinking "why does
he not fix his application to not do that ?", so I missed the perl +
system calls part.
As the responses were accumulating, I was wondering how long it would
take one of the gurus here to point this out.
But Chuck apparently got tired of simmering in the background, and could
stop himself no longer..
;-)