tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Debugging tomcat<->apache(mod_jk) bridge
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 23:59:10 GMT
groupalias v wrote:
> See  answers inline -
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:26 AM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>> groupalias v wrote:
>>> httpd.conf
>>> -------------
>>>
>>> LoadModule jk_module          modules/mod_jk.so
>>>
>>> <IfModule jk_module>
>> What the h.. is this line for : ?
>
> I don't understand. Am I using the wrong module identifier?   Or are
> you saying the module specific tag itself is not needed?
>
>>> Alias /test/ "/srv/tomcat6/webapps/A"
>> It kind of contradicts these next lines :
>>
>>> JKMount        /test/ A
>>> JkMount     /test/* A
>> Because of the Alias line, I don't think that mod_jk even gets to see your
>> /test/ URLs.
>
> I do know that mod_jk is being sent the URL request. It is parsing the
> JKMount line and trying to do something with it. I can see how the
> alias and the JKMount contradicting each other could be causing the
> problem.
>
> I removed the Alias and tried with the same result.
>
> Here is one of the links I referred to during setup.
> http://forums.opensuse.org/network-internet/416840-apache2-2-tomcat6-mod_jk-suse-11-1-a.html

These examples are rather bad, for several reasons.
One thing hinted at however could be your problem.
I have little time now, but :
If you are using Virtual Hosts in Apache, look up the JkMountCopy
directive.  The gist : a "JkMount" done in the main Apache config, is
not necessarily inherited by the VirtualHost sections, even the default one.

Also, next time, really show us the section of the mod_jk log where you
think you see the error 400.