tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DOrlov <dor...@redaril.com>
Subject TomCat multiple ssl support
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:30:30 GMT

Hello, I have TomCat 6 server and I have 3 SSL sertificates for:

1. p.domain.com
2. p1.domain.com
3. p2.domain.com

I would like to use all 3 on 1 SSL connector (Don't create 3 SSL connectors)
I'm using keytool app and kestore SSL logic for TomCat SSL configuration.

I created 3 keystores and imported all into 1 new keystore.
During import I had warning message about 'alias 'tomcat' already in
keystore'.
I selected rename alias option and changed names from 'tomcat' to 'tomcat1'
and 'tomcat2' for keystores p1 and p2

I installed TomCat and started it. But when I try to retrive  p1.domain.com
or p2.domain.com requests by HTTPS I get warn message about wrong ssl domain
name.

Do you have any ideas how to create 3 SSL for TomCat.
As I understand TomCat server looks only for 'tomcat' alias in keystore.

By the way, I could retrive private keys from all keystores and use them on
apache server (next AJP to TomCat)

Maybe anyone knows how to setup proper SSL certificates chain for Apache?