tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Puppetto <valentino.ri...@libero.it>
Subject Re: IIS 6 Tomcat Connector isapi_redirect-1.2.28.dll not being called 404 2 1260 error
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:31:51 GMT

I was 2 days trying to make it working on my Windows 2003 server.

Following the right minimum procedure:

On my server (IIS 5.0) I've installed tomcat in D:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0.

Then I've downloaded isapi_redirect-1.2.28.dll.

I've renamed it in isapi_redirect.dll and put in D:\Program Files\Apache
Software Foundation\jakarta.

Then I've inserted the following keys in the registry creating the following
file .reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta ISAPI
Redirector\1.0]

"extension_uri"="/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll"

"log_level"="debug"

"log_file"="D:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Tomcat
6.0\\logs\\isapi_redirect.log"

"worker_file"="D:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Tomcat
6.0\\conf\\worker.properties"

"worker_mount_file"="D:\\Program Files\\Apache Software Foundation\\Tomcat
6.0\\conf\\uriworkermap.properties"

I created worker.properties in D:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf containing the following text:

ps=\

worker.list=myworker

worker.myworker.type=ajp13

worker.myworker.port=8009

worker.myworker.host=localhost

I created uriworkermap.properties in D:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf containing the following text:

#*****Begin uriworkermap.properties*****

#

#Simple worker configuration file

#

#Mount the Servlet context to the ajp13 worker

#

/Management/*=myworker

Using the IIS management console, add a new virtual directory to your IIS
web site. The name of the virtual directory must be jakarta. Its physical
path should be the directory where you placed isapi_redirect.dll (in our
example it is c:\tomcat\bin\win32\i386). While creating this new virtual
directory assign it with execute access.

Using the IIS management console, add isapi_redirect.dll as a filter in your
IIS web site. The name of the filter should reflect its task (I use the name
tomcat), its executable must be our D:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\jakarta\isapi_redirect.dll. Using the IIS management console, add
the Jakarta Isapi Redirector to the Web Service Extensions.

Right-click on Web Service Extensions and choose Add a new Web Service
Extension.
Enter tomcat for the Extension Name.
Add the isapi_redirect.dll to the required files.
Check the Set extension status to Allowed.
Click on OK.

Restart IIS (stop + start the IIS service), make sure that the tomcat filter
is marked with a green up-pointing arrow.

That's all, you should now start Tomcat and ask IIS to serve you the
/examples context. Try http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html for example
and execute some of the JSP examples.